Monday, June 2, 2008

Heat Stroke

AKA our Saturday Adventure. So this is how my Saturday went - Greg had to go on a Youth Temple trip, so he took the van leaving us stranded at home. (I can't drive Greg's truck - it's a stick shift.) A little while after they left, my husband called me to say that they hadn't needed the van after all, and he got a ride with someone else. If I wanted the van we could have my sister drive us over to get it. Sounds like a great plan, with just one flaw. My sister loves her sleep. Plus the night before was Grad-night and she hadn't gotten home until the wee hours of the morning! I did have a few errands I needed to run, so after several unanswered phone calls we set off to walk the couple miles to the church. At 11:30. In the middle of the day. It was 102 degrees. The boys were riding their snazzy new bikes and I ended up pushing the girls in the double stroller. At least I remembered to bring water! We were all sweating profusely by the time we got there and I was so thankful for air conditioning! We loaded up the bikes and stroller and drove carefully home.(all the seats were folded down - the kids loved it!)
Later, after I had put the car seats back in, Mia didn't want to buckle up, she stood up,grabbed the overhead handle and said "I'm hanging on Mom! Let's go!" She wasn't very happy when I made her put her seat belt on! She's so funny! Her vocabulary is expanding daily. One of the things she says now when she's mad at Kendra - "You're a bad boy!" Then Kendra gets mad - "I'm not a boy!" I'm guessing she learned this one from Kendra yelling at her older brothers. Oh, and here is the conversation I had with her just now. "Mia, you have to go to bed now" "No, I go YOUR room" "No baby, you can't sleep in my room" "Yes mom" "I said 'no' Mia" "You said 'yes'!" Where is she now? You guessed it! She ran off to my room. Of course Greg will snuggle her right in, so I'd better head this off at the pass! Just because I got a quick nap in today doesn't mean I want to spend a sleepless night with a little kicker in my bed! Good night!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Wow, that is a LONG way to walk with 4 kids in such heat! You're crazy.

Rebecca said...

I have a little kicker in our room all the time. Not fun! Us mommies need our sleep. Hope you got her back in her room. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't even like walking to the driveway to load up in teh car when it is 102 and you walked a couple miles in it with four kids, your AWSOME (or crazy :) MIa is so cute, I can't wait to get to know your fam. better when we move down!