Every once in a while the stars align and I am allowed a totally carefree day. Not very often mind you, but yesterday just happened to be one of those days. I did my daily walk, got my boys ready for school, and realized that the girls were still sleeping. So, I pulled out my new library book and started reading. The girls did eventually get up, so I made them breakfast and then they just played together. Nicely! So I read some more. For lunch I made my one of my favorites, cucumber salsa-and then Mia went down for a nap and Kendra played on the computer. (Thank you Playhouse Disney!) I took a nap of my own, then finished my book before starting dinner. When the boys came home, they sat down and did their homework, Kyle even hummed as he did all of his chores - no complaining! I felt like I was in the twilight zone or something. Ben did a little whining so we could have some normalcy, and then we ate and had FHE. Altogether a spectacular day in my book. The only thing that would have been better is if Greg was able to get home in time for dinner and FHE - at least he helped tuck everyone in! Oh, and I can't forget the icing on the cake, Mia went the whole day with no accidents. She even went #2 all by herself!! Sweet! No handling of human waste today. Here's to just getting by with the minimum! One load of laundry and one round of dishes! I'll be waiting for that next blue moon. (Speaking of blue moons, I have to post that Greg took me out on a date Friday night. Well, actually I arranged it AND the babysitter, so I guess I took him out. But he paid! We went out with the Sellers to Buffalo Wild Wings and then to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - which we thoroughly enjoyed - being Indi fans and all. It was fun! I just hope we do something again before another 4 months go by...)
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Sounds dreamy!
I love those days-wished they happened more!
I need one of those days!!!! I'm glad you got one!
Did you read an entire book in just one day? Amazing.
Nice, you need an occational day like that so that you can survive the rest of the days. I really wanted to see the new Indiana movie but it came out the same day I went to the hospital to have the baby :( We did see Prince Caspain, awesome movie. We have a family we switch date nights and temple nights with. So we get at least one date and one temple night a month. Saves me!
What are you reading?
I read a new book called Obedience - I can't remember the author, I've already returned it!(It's a 10 day) It was very interesting. I don't know if I'd highly recommend it - only because of some language and intimate moments, but it's suspenseful and intriguing. And yes, in one day! Hooray!
Sounds like a great time. I love when I have those days, actually I haven't had one in a few years, but very soon I will have lots of them, at least until I can have another babay!!!!! Ok Ang, I have a huge favor, I was wondering if maybe just maybe you could do something for me next week. I am doing summer school and I Priscilla is goign to watch Skyler in the day while Jer is working, but they are in Utah right now and I was trying to think who I could get to watch him, I will pay ya and everything, I just need someone to watch him Mon. and Tues. I wish I had your email, this isn't a very nice thing to throw in a comment, if you already have other plans, that is fine, I will actually try and call Shelly to get your number, seriously though if you can't that is totally fine, I just thought he would have a blast playing with your boys! Alrighty, have a great night!
Post a Comment