
Finally! The big day. I was so exhausted from Saturday that when my kids woke up to discover this: 
I was too tired to get up. I'm so lazy! I just told them they could each find 4 eggs (that's how many they had decorated Sat. morning) and not to make a mess. I can't believe I'm admitting this! When I finally did get up I found a huge mess (of course they didn't hear THAT part) of wrappers and Easter grass strewn everywhere. WHY? I really have issues with Easter grass. I hate how it gets all over the place and hides out to surprise you just when you think you've gotten rid of all traces. ARGH! I got them to clean it up by threatening to vacuum up their candy. Wow, you can tell I'm getting parent of the year already! After vacuuming, I made scrambled eggs and french toast from the egg innards we'd blown out before decorating our eggs. Everything calmed down a bit for the rest of the morning as everyone showered and got ready for church. I even curled Kendra's hair! (I hope that redeems some points) I love this picture of Kendra showing Mia how to curtsy!
Is Ben taller? I think so!
Church was pleasant (what I could hear) and I even got to snuggle with my snoozing baby throughout Relief Society! It's been ages since I could do that! After church, we changed our clothes, grabbed our huge batch of frog - eye salad, and went to our friends' the Halls for a fun "friends who have no family nearby to celebrate Easter" dinner. (My mom and Jim had gone out of town for the weekend) After a delicious feast of ham, funeral potatoes, beans, rolls and various salads, we let the kids have an egg hunt in the back yard. They were cute and everyone did really well with only picking up the allotted amount of eggs. We visited while the kids played again, until around 9! Let me tell you, they were asleep when their heads hit the pillow. As Kendra would say "Hallelu-lah!" Thanks Val, everything was beautiful!
The Kids' table.
The Little Kids' table!
And they're off!



I was glad that Kyle was able to tell me all about the real reason for Easter, I want to take them to the Easter pageant in Mesa next year. If anyone is interested in making it a trip, let me know!
Monday, March 24, 2008
Happy Easter
Posted by Angela at 11:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
WOW Girl!!! You think you have been up to enough? (: Your kids look so cute all dressed up for Easter Sunday. I love the matching ties and dresses!
Your kids look so cute. Your boys look so much alike I sometimes have a hard time telling them apart. What a great Easter!
You have some good looking kiddos!! Love the matching clothes.
I'm all for a trip to the pagent next year, ,y kids loved it this year. I love teh picture of Kendra showing Mia how to Curtsy. Ok I am exhausted after reading about your Easter endevors, how fun, but I think you earned the right to sleep in Easter morning. Glad you had a good weekend! Love ya! Oh and we were fishing at Fortuna pond there in Yuma.
Sounds like a fun day. I totally think you deserve the "Mother of the Year" award;) That cracks me up. Mia's hair is getting so long! Let me know if you come to the pageant next year. We'd totally meet you there!
Wow! It's so fun to see your beautiful family! I'm glad I found your blog. Love ya and miss ya!
Nicki Broby
looks like you guys had a great easter!! And i too HATE easter grass. I don't even buy it because i would loose my mind with the mess it makes!! Your kids look so cute all dressed up!!!
2 boys and 2 girls with cute matching Easter clothes; I love it! Yep, looks like Ben's taller (you can even tell in the pic with all 4 of them), and since he's taller, he looks older... but don't tell Kyle. Does Kendra really say hallelulah? That's hilarious. I'd love to go to the Easter pageant again, but I don't think we'll quite be able to make it. :) I sure miss you guys!!!
Post a Comment