Monday, March 24, 2008

All Partied Out!

Saturday was so crazy! Greg was off to Youth Conference from 7:30 am to around midnight, so I was all by myself with four sugared up kids. First of all, Kendra had a birthday party to attend, and after we picked her up we headed to one of Greg's co-workers houses for a little Easter egg hunt. Thank you Tracy! The kids had a great time. I'm sure she was a little surprised that I balked at the idea of bringing 25 eggs per kid to hide. Well, here is the reason - we still had two more Easter parties to go to! Plus one more birthday party that night. But I get ahead of myself. Directly after leaving Tracy's house, we headed to the park where some of our ward friends had gathered for a potluck and egg hunt. We had fun there too. Mia was really liking this candy finding thing. I didn't get many pictures of the boys, they were too fast for me, and I had to be helping the girls. After a couple of hours of eating candy and playing on the playground, we went straight to another co-workers house for her daughter's birthday. More sugar please! We had cupcakes and a pinata of course! Ben did suprise me by declining his cupcake and puting fresh fruit on his plate instead. Way to be healthy bud! The candy overload and meltdown began around nine, I didn't realize it had gotten so late! So we booked it on home. I didn't take a picture of the HUGE mess in the car. There were candy wrappers and crushed egg shells everywhere. I pretty much had had it and made my already tired boys take turns vacuuming it up. I know, I'm mean! After I sent them to bed I finished it up and felt much happier to have a clean car. Here are a few pictures of the festivities. By the time we got to the last party I didn't feel like taking pictures.
Kendra and Mia, all ready to hunt eggs.

Group picture, minus Kendra who was being anti-social.

Mia enjoying chips and loving the bunny that Noah gave her!

Jayleen and Kendra-cute little friends.

Chocolate face!

Nice big brother Kyle.

Funny Benjamin.

2 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

Wow! YOu guys sure know how to party!!

Leah said...

Holy cow. Now, I seriously think there is such a thing as "too much fun."