Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Jim!



This post goes out to one of the kindest and toughest guys I know. Jim joined our family five years ago when he married my mom, and we think he's great. It's obvious that he adores his grandkids and no favor is to great for him. He's even learned baby talk! Way to go! As a retired policeman Jim can hold his own in a fight with crazed grocery shoppers twice his size! (He was attacked in a parking lot a few months ago and still chased the guy down after getting several broken ribs!) Even though Jimmy isn't large in stature, he's got a huge heart (hello! Getting a wife and 6 kids, one son in law and 2 grandkids in one fell swoop!) and we all love him too. Thanks Papa Jim for everything you do for us, from Sunday dinners to DVDs and everything in between! Hope you have an awesome day. Oh, and I'm not sure how old he is, eternally in his fifties I think!

3 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Happy Birthday Jim! I've ony met Jim once but it was obvious what a great guy he is. Your mom deserves a wonderful husband like Jim. You're so lucky to live so close to your family :)

Tina said...

Nice tribute!

Looks like he's got that grandpa thing down.....:)

Jeff and Ang said...

That's such a sweet picture!! Glad you figured out the background, yours looks great (: