Thursday, May 1, 2008

Yuma Stake 50th

Last weekend our stake celebrated it's 50th anniversary by having a fun day of activities. There were outside games for the kids including horseshoes, fish pond and dunk tank. My kids enjoyed making paper airplanes and riding the tractor/wagon around the field. There were free sopapillas, cotton candy, popcorn and the most popular, ice cream! It was a pretty warm day. There was also entertainment - bands, singers, dancers, even an orchestra and choir. Some of these were held in the cultural hall, along with a slide show of our history as a stake. Each ward also had a booth to display achievements and activities they'd had in the past. It was fun to see people from the stake that I don't see often. Having lived in 4 of the 10 wards, I know quite a few people! Unfortunately I was having such a great time visiting and reminiscing that I didn't take any pictures. Well, only these at the BBQ dinner - and only of the girls because my boys ate quickly and took off again to play. Everyone had a great time. I think my boys each had 4 ice cream cones!! Yum. Needless to say, they went to bed quickly that night.

In the background is Wilton Lines (AKA Grandpa Lines). He was the one of the first Branch Presidents here!

0 comments: