Sunday, May 18, 2008

Par-tay!

Tonight we hosted dessert night and invited our great friends the Sellers and the Halls in addition to my mom and Jim, Jenna and Michael. In honor of Mia's birthday, I made two cakes, one a family recipe of Pistachio Cheesecake, and one that Mia picked out of a cookbook, Tunnel of Berries Cake. To make it you hollow out an angel food cake and fill it with strawberries mixed with whipped cream, put the top back on and frost it with whipped cream. Kind of a fancy version of strawberry shortcake! It was yummy. Poor Mia was too shy to blow out her candles, or even open her presents - so Greg had to get her started! Mom and Jim got Mia a baby doll that gets teeth (what will they think of next?!) and we got her some water toys for outside.
Mia doesn't like all the attention!

Good buddies, Mia, Lexi and Kendra

Mia loves her baby doll!

Stacy asked where we went swimming yesterday, it was at Sonora Sunset (the appt. complex that the hospital owns - for an explorer post pool party) This is the only kind of pool that we can afford:

Is it me or does Kyle's expression look eerily like the sharks'?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is 2 and she is so cute. I love the one where she is holding her baby doll, so cute. Also, yes Kyle did have the same expression as the shark! Your cake looked fabulous by the way!

Sioux said...

Wow, your kids really are super cute, and I remember how you always made the best desserts, like your frog eye salad, YUM YUM!!

Leah said...

Cute shy girl!
Ok, those strawberries look really yummy! Did you buy they at Sam's? cuz at the Sam's club here they always have excellent strawberries. (We just bought some from there today, actually.) So huge and delicious!

Tina said...

Thanks for the blog visit...:)

By looking at your pics here, I would say that Mia IS the doll! Your cake looked fantastic...

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I love the picture of Mia holding her baby doll, don't you love it when they act like loving little mothers.

Anonymous said...

That cake looks yummy!!