Last week my boys were involved in the Missoula Children's Theater production of Sleeping Beauty. It was their first time being in a play, and although they had minor roles they had a blast! I was so glad. Kyle ended up being a palace guard (with one line and a few songs) while Benjamin had a non speaking part (surprise!) as a caterpillar/butterfly. They had a metamorphosis partway through the play, and sang a cute song with Sleeping Beauty. He loved the caterpillar idea - not so keen on the butterfly part though! Too girly I guess. For anyone not familiar with this group, they travel all around the country and put on these shows - full length musicals I might add. There are two people who run it, and they hold auditions on Monday, have rehearsals all week, and perform on Saturday. Since the kids didn't have school, it was a perfect way to fill up their afternoons. Many of our friends were in the play too, and everyone did a great job! Here are my two budding thespians:
"We put the dogs on alert"
"Fly way up in the sky with us"
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
A Spoke in the Wheel of Time
Posted by Angela at 3:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I remember being in a missula play when I was in jr high...i think. We did Snow White and I was a tree....the only tree with a speaking part. I said "oh sorry." I was totally freaked out, but it was so much fun. I wish I knew about it, Ryan loved seeing the last one we went to.
That's so nice that they didn't have school; it was a pain having to rush to rehearsal after school for the whole afternoon and somehow try to squeeze in time for dinner and homework. They look cute!
Oh that is so cute that they were in their first productions! Way to go boys!
So fun and creative! Great job finding something new and different to occupy your boys during vacation. I think that qualifies you for the "Good Mom" Award :)
Post a Comment