Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Fair to Remember

Cute title huh? I can't take credit, that's what the Yuma County Fair is called this year. We had a fun evening there last night and I thought I'd post some fun pictures. I wanted to go during the day so I brought Jenna along to help me with the kids, 'cause I'm brave, but I'm not crazy! There was lots for them to do - we saw a sea lion show, played in the kid's area, went to a petting zoo, did only one ride each, spent quite a bit of time in the science building, and saw most of the animals. Around 8:00 the boys started getting whiny so we decided it was time to go. We stopped at Jack in the Box on the way home, since after spending $9 on a hamburger, fries and a drink was way to much in my opinion. (I got some for the girls while the boys were on rides with Jenna, but I knew I wouldn't be able to get enough to fill everyone up with what cash I had left!) We had a good time, thanks Jenna for helping out!!

4 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I love going to the fair, not so much the rides but everything else. I really miss all the festivals back home in Maine, out here county fairs seem to be all about live stock, not my thing :) Give me some fried dough (not funnel cake) and fresh shrimp (only back East can you trust shrimp at a fair)any day!

Mauzy Fam said...

Looks like you had a great time!! I have many wonderful memories from the Yuma County Fair. Miss the yummy fry bread!!

Leah said...

Hey, it looks like they made some additions/improvements to the Yuma Fair. A sea lion show! That's my favorite show here at SeaWorld. I agree with Sarah-- I miss the Maine fair, too. Mia's so cute with the animals!!

Jeff and Ang said...

looks like it was a fun fair this year! Glad you had help and were able to enjoy it!