Monday, April 21, 2008

S'more fun!

This weekend was so much fun! On Friday Greg went to a camp out with the Scouts, so we had another Scouting Widow party, at Johnell's house this time. The kids ran and played and had tons of fun while we had a nice visit. After dinner we had a campfire and S'mores with HUGE marshmallows! So yummy! It was a beautiful night, not too many more cool evenings left before summer I'm sure. We left pretty late, and I practically had to drag Kendra out to the car(she was all set to have a sleepover with Kate - she even borrowed jammies!) It was funny. On Saturday we went to a bowling birthday party, lots of fun and quite chaotic. For dinner we went to our friends', the Sellers. They made everyone a yummy steak dinner with creme brulee for dessert! Delicious! Another fun evening. On Sunday night, at the Sellers' again, we had a dessert night featuring some great brownies I've discovered (think added chocolate chips, brown sugar, nuts and Rollos) a la mode. My kids are going to be bored with the regular week, after so much visiting with friends! Here are some campfire pictures:
Full moon!

Mesmerized..

Sticky fingers!

Look at the size it!

Happily roasting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Kendra already had the jammies lined up!

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Chocolate chips, brown sugar, nuts and Rollos?! I'm in!!! Where do you buy marshmallows that big? I have never seen them that huge before, my girls would love it :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a ton of fun! I can't wait to move back to Yuma. Are you going to the festivities next weekend? I am really excited as long as none of teh kids are sick we will be headed down that way!

Candice said...

When the boys are away the girls will play!!

I was reading your Charlie and Lola blog and realized I know the exact episode you're referring too. Benny loves that show, and I think it's cute too.

Leah said...

Whoa; I have never seen a mallow that huge! Yum.

Heather Neese said...

Yummy smores!! I can't wait to take the kids camping so we can indulge in the goodness that is chocolate and marshmallow messes!