Saturday, April 5, 2008

Cute little convicts

Yesterday we went to the Yuma Territorial Prison to pass off one of Kyle's scout requirements (visiting a historical site) and the kids had lots of fun. The boys especially thought it was cool and were reading all the little histories. They went around and peered in all the cells and rang the bell in the yard. No one ventured very far into the 'dark cell', not even me. It was built into the rock and is pitch black with the door shut. It was used as punishment for the convicts. Creepy! One cell had a bale of hay in it, and Kendra said "That must be for the bad cows." I love the funny things kids say! I took some fun pictures of our afternoon. We even got mugshots!

5 comments:

Leah said...

I think I've only been there once, and I remember the prison being stinky (at least the cells were). Was it still stinky?

LOL, bad cows...I love funny Kendra!

Steph Kjelstrom said...

We have so many pictures of us as kids at all ages in at the jail. It was always the place to take our out of town visitors.

Anonymous said...

That's a cool slide show!

Carrie said...

Fun slide show. I love the mug shots!

Anonymous said...

Oh those picts with that background display is awsome, it looks like clips from a silent western movie or somehthing, your kiddos are so stinkin cute, our kids need to be friends when we move down!