Sunday, August 5, 2007
Tents & Bugs & Snakes, Oh My!
Last weekend was our ward campout in the Laguna Mountains. It was a blast. I decided that it wouldn't be worth putting up the tent for just one night, so I caravaned up (it's 2 hours away) with John and Alice Nelson on Thursday without Greg. (He had to work) They helped me with the tent and firewood and such, which I was so grateful for! One other family showed up that night, and the next morning we all went hiking after breakfast. Kendra loved finding pine cones and called them porcupines. The boys loved climbing on rocks and finding walking sticks. Mia had to be carried because uneven ground + rarely used sneakers = much time on the ground. She fell every 5 or so steps. All weekend long. On our hike we found/heard a rattlesnake! So scary! We quickly left it alone, after a few pics of course! Lots of other families showed up that evening and around the campfire we shared "Family Poems" which was hilarious and touching. After a good night's sleep the bishopric cooked a yummy breakfast (breakfast burritos as ususal) and everyone visited and packed up. It was a good turnout and a fun time. Can't wait 'till next year!
Posted by Angela at 10:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Cute picts, I love ward campouts!
Crazy picture of the snake! Scary!
Post a Comment