Greg is a very hard worker. He is a "yes man". I love that he wants to help everyone out. That being said, he sure is gone a lot, and we miss him! This year he was roped into heading an Explorer Post at the hospital, where about 30 high school kids applied to job shadow and learn about the medical field. This last weekend there was a conference in Chicago for these kids, and they needed a female chaperone. So Greg invited me (so kind!) There were eight girls who participated, ranging in age from 14-19, and one mother who was also an advisor. They were a bunch of great girls and we had no problems. We flew out of Pheonix at 11 on Wednesday and (losing two hours) got into Chicago that evening. At 7 the next morning we took a bus to the University of Illinois, Chicago. There we listened to lectures all day with occasional breaks and to eat. At 5, we booked it out of there and conquered the Subway system. We went to the Sears Tower, and then walked several blocks to the Oriental Theater where we enjoyed Wicked. It was just as good as the LA production. I had a hard time not bursting into song! :) We got back to the hotel around midnight, and left the next morning at 7 for more lecture. The first day delt mainly with Dentistry, and the next day covered a wide range of medical professions from nursing to veternary med. to physical therapy. I think everyone learned a great deal. At the end, we took off to the "Miracle Mile" to see all the shops, and visit the 7 story mall "Water Tower Place". Cool stuff. Next we walked to Navy Pier and enjoyed the evening, and our deep dish pizza. Again, it was a late night. Saturday morning we left the hotel and traveled to The Museum of Science and Industry where we participated in the CSI Experience. We got to process a crime scene and learned about forensics. Very cool. We left after exploring all afternoon, in time to fly back to Yuma. It was a fun trip, but I was glad to see my kiddos again. They stayed with my mom and had a good time too. Here are a few of the highlights:





I have to say that I was really tired after this trip since I stayed up late every night to read Harry Potter. It was worth it though! :)
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
The Windy City
Posted by Angela at 9:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
WOW! Busy trip. Sounds like an absolute blast though! Ok I LOVE the picture of you Greg. You look so pretty in that picture! I like your shirt too. Love ya!
Hi, Angela I just saw your comment. Your family is so cute I can't beleive how old they are, I've never seen the girls, so cute. We moved back to yuma a few months back and are in 2nd Ward now. Hope I run into you around town. bye.
Hey Angela! Thats really funny cause on our trip to California my sister was up late every night reading Harry Potter too! Anyway hopefully I will run into you when Im down in Yuma sometime, your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment