
Today would have been Greg's maternal grandfather's 84th birthday. However, after a week of going in and out of lucidity, he passed away yesterday. Grandpa Barrus was one of the nicest men I knew. He was musically gifted and had a wicked sense of humor. He was a farmer, educator, mayor, and most importantly a good husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather and friend. He will be sorely missed. I am so glad we were able to go up to Idaho this summer and visit with him at the family reunion. This is our last family picture with Grandpa. We love you!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Rondo Barrus
Posted by Angela at 1:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow! Greg looks so much like his grandfather. I can tell he and his wife are good people. They have a light about them -- even though it's just a picture, it's obvious. I'm sorry for your loss.
I'm sorry Greg lost his grandpa. Will just lost his maternal grandfather in August and all of my grandparents are gone. It's hard to loose grandparents. I think about my maternal grandparents all the time. I even dream about them about once a week. I always enjoy the dream but wake up a little sad :(
Holy cow Greg looks exactly like his grandpa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry for his loss.
Post a Comment