I've discovered that a trip can be both long and short. Take last weekend for example. On Friday we drove the 8 hours from here to St. George (long!) for a two days stay (short!) and drove back here on Sunday (long again!). Was it worth it? You bet. Not only did we get to have a great visit with Greg's parents (and mine incidentally-they came too) we got to enjoy the outdoor theater that is Tuacahn! John, my super talented father in law was the costume designer for "Big River" (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn) as well as "Les Miserables". What a treat! We took the boys to see Big River, but thought Les Mis would be a bit much for them. I had a blast hanging out with Jenna too, especially when we were being chased by hornets and laughing hysterically, or singing 'Arkansas'! We even got a backstage tour of the costume storage, set workshop, under the stage (there's a long tunnel underground since there's no back stage!), and the kids got to ride on a horse pulled cart that is featured in both productions. Very cool! We pigged out at Pizza Factory and were able to enjoy wonderful music and acting. I wish we'd have gotten more pictures of the costumes, they were amazing! Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip. Hold on, there are quite a few:
Picnic lunch on the drive up
Jenna sharing her chapstick
"Big River"
Jim and Huck Finn
Kendra's expression! 'What? Sugar for lunch?'
Mmmm. Pizza!
Cool Hats in costume storage!
A friendly cast member almost knocked Ben off the cart!
Riding the cart to it's 'mark'.
AAHHH! The hornets! (Right after this we ran away until we finished our frozen lemonade.)
M. & Mme. Thenardier (hilarious!)
Enthralled by snails! (We don't get those here)
Jealous Pooh wants brownies too...
Sweets for the sweet!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Long and Short
Posted by Angela at 9:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time! I love the cowboy hat you have on! Your pictures are always so good!
That looks like a blast! I want to go to an outdoor theater, how fun! I would say it definitely looks like it was worth the drive!
I sure wish we were closer to St. George! What fun you always have at those shows! You are GOOD parents to make the journey to teach your kids about culture! Not many would drive half that far for that long! Such Fun!
Post a Comment