Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ah, High School

FUN FACTS FROM HIGH SCHOOL

1. Did you date someone from your school? Yup, there were a couple of boyfriends: Shawn Latham (briefly) and Jared Nuttall. I went on quite a few dates...mostly with friends. Had LOTS of crushes!

2. What kind of car did you drive? I didn't own a car in HS, I bummed lots of rides!

3. Were you a party animal? No, not really. I didn't do the whole party scene, just silly Mormon girls having a good time. Toilet paper comes to mind...

4. Were you considered a flirt? Maybe by my closest friends.

5. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? In Maine, I was in the chorus, here in AZ I moved up to show choir and had a blast.

6. What was your most embarrassing moments of high school? Wow, really, you don't want to know. It involves that time of the month and poor hygiene placement. {shudder} Also, on a smaller scale, when I had a solo at a concert and the tech people started the music in the wrong place & had to start over. I'm sure there's plenty of other things I've blocked out entirely.

7. Were you a nerd? Yup. Bookworm and Drama nerd. I got good grades and a full ride 2 year Honor's scholarship. Woohoo!

8. Were you on any varsity teams? Nooo. Sports weren't my thing. I think I got a letter for choir. Yay me! I was also a Thespian thank you very much.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Heavens no, I was a model student.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? Umm, no. I definitely remember the tune though.

11. Who were your favorite teachers? At Hermon High, my faves were Mr. Blood (English) and Mr. & Mrs. Baldwin (Biology & English), here at Cibola I'd have to say Mr. Garland (History), Mr. Pothast (AP English), Mr. Penn (Drama) and Mrs. Jackson (Sensations).

12. What was your school's full name? Hermon High School and Cibola High School.

13. School mascot? I've been a Hawk and a Raider (Conquistador).

14. Did you go to homecoming, and with who? I didn't go to the dance, but for sure I watched the football game and saw the floats. (In Maine our school didn't have a football team. Yeah, it was that small.)

15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Knowing what I know now it would be a whole different ballgame. More confidence and all that. But I wouldn't do it again...no thanks!

16. What do you remember most about graduation? It was really long! I didn't know anyone that was sitting by me, and I was happy my grandparents, dad and brother came. Grad night was the best!

17. Where did you go senior skip day? Uh, nerd, remember? I didn't ditch. Well, okay, once I did with Alison, Shelly, Jared and Diane-mom. We went to San Diego for the day and had tons of fun. But it wasn't on Senior ditch day!

18. Were you in a club? Just Choir and Drama I think. Oh yeah, in Maine I was on the Student Council.

19. Have you gained some weight since then? Yeeees. Unfortunately having 4 babies did that to me. Wouldn't trade 'em for my high school bod though! (I am working on getting it back...slowly but surely)

20. Who was your prom date? Junior year, Mike Valek. Winter Formal was with Jared Nuttall, and Senior Prom was with Spencer Jarvis. Good times.

21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? No, I didn't go last year. All my great friends I still keep in touch with.

22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Hmm, be more confident, take the time to actually DO your hair (I sported a ponytail most of the time), date lots of different people, and at least try out for some kind of sport!

I challenge all my friends to do this post! It's lots of fun!

4 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Mr Penn for Drama, how fitting :) I would totaly post this but I homeschool through high school and I wasn't allowed to date until college so... not much to say :)

Megan and Sean said...

High School....eck! I loved reading about your experience!!

Chredna said...

I did my senior year english in summer school before my senior year so that I didn't have to worry about English during the school year (smartes thing I ever did! I got a 100% in the class and it was done in six weeks!) but my teacher was....Mr. Pothast from Cibola and I thought he was awesome! Definately my favorite english teacher ever!

Anonymous said...

Yay you posted this one, I thought it was a fun one! Yay for Sandiego trips with the Nuttalls too!