Kyle in his soccer get-up.
Warming up before the game.(Kyle is #5)
His avid fans.
This week Kyle had his first and second soccer games. He's been going to practice a few times a week, and (can I vent a little here? Of course I can! It's MY blog!) I'm not very impressed with his coach. Of course, we've been spoiled for two years having the best coach EVER (Geoff Dewhurst - aka Lumiere) and so any coach will pale in comparison. This one is always late for practices and doesn't play all the kids, only the best ones. And Kyle, although cheerful and obedient, isn't the best player. The first game he played most of the time and they only lost by one point. The second game he played maybe 5 minutes. The whole game. Seriously? He did a great job that first night, I don't know what the problem was. Admittedly we were playing the best team (see above-mentioned coach) and HE even thought our coach was unfair. We lost 4-1. Anyway. It was a strange game for me, I found myself cheering for boys on the other team, and socializing with the other moms, just like old times. I even clapped when Josh made a goal against us. Oops. Old habits die hard. I kept hoping Kyle wouldn't start listening to Geoff who was calling out plays, but my fears were unfounded since he played very little. I'm hoping the rest of the season is more fun. For all of us!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Soccer mom
Posted by Angela at 12:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
We are doing the soccer thing, as well. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around Kennedy!
Post a Comment