As some of you may know, I am terrified of driving in big cities. Any trip we've ever taken, I've made Greg drive. At least until we were past any freeways larger than two lanes. Well, last weekend Greg was camping with the scouts and since it was the end of the boys' vacation I decided I didn't want to just sit around here. I packed up the kids and drove to my sister in law's house in California. Karissa only lives 3 1/2 hours away so it wasn't too far. We've never been to their house before so I was totally relying on Mapquest. And I did it! I drove through San Diego by myself! The next day (Friday) I drove to Balboa Park (with Karissa navigating!) and we visited an art museum, the botanical garden, and the Museum of Science. The kids all had a blast. The rest of our visit consisted of playing around the house, talking, laughing, playing Mario Kart and (for the adults) Guitar Hero and Sing Star. Jesse and Karissa were great hosts and we had a wonderful time. Thanks guys! It was a quick trip, we came home Saturday afternoon, but I was able to challenge myself and we made it back safely. Here are some pictures of the cousins.
Kendra pouting in the Botanical Garden
Cool fountain in front of the Science Museum
Kendra making a rope fly.
Mia loved the spinning sand art.
The boys learned about submarines.
Playing the Wii
The troublemakers - Keyshon and Mia were so cute together!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
I did it!
Posted by Angela at 1:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Wow! I am highly impressed. Last year when we moved to a suburb of Denver I had to suck it up and hit the highway. I still would prefer Will to drive but I can if I really have to. It is a little nerve racking when the highway going through your town is 4-5 lanes. By the way I love your family picture in front of the Temple. What a great shot.
That sounds fun! I am not a fan of driving in big cities either. I will, but I get real nervous. If Dean is in the car with me, he drives, even if it is in town. I prefer to be a "back seat" driver!!! :)
Good for you Angela! I'm proud of you for facing your fear. I have a fear of driving over water and I have to do it every time I drive to Utah. I use to pull over so Martin could drive over the bridges but now I have to do it. It gets easier every time.
Good job! That's great that they live so close that you can visit. Sounds like a fun trip.
How fun! I haven't seen Karissa in such a long time. It is fun to see the pictures of all your kids! I know what you mean about the driving. I am usually the navigator. (:
Good for you! Isn't it liberating?
Post a Comment