Monday, January 26, 2009

Birthday Girl

and she knows it! Kendra told everyone she saw (multiple times) that she was the Birthday Girl, and that she was 5. We started it off with a little manicure & pedicure.


Here she is showing off her new dress & nails. (This girl would wear a dress 24/7 if I let her!)

Next we dropped Mia off at Grandma's house and headed to the 99 cent store to spend some of her birthday money. She got: 2 Dragontale movies, a pink headband, a barbie book, a pez candy, and a fake purse and earrings. Pretty good for under $5! After paying the cashier, we drove to the restaurant. Applebees was her 2nd choice. McDonalds was #1. I nixed that, seeing as she had a dress on and all. Plus, they don't bring you ice cream on your birthday and sing to you!

After our lunch (she was impressed with the singing and the cherry on top) we got a balloon from the school (shh, I'm in charge of the helium!) and picked up Mia. The rest of the afternoon was spent playing, watching her new movies, eating leftover cake, and generally getting what she wanted because, after all, she is the Birthday Girl! I love you sweet girl! (She told me this morning, "Mom, I still feel like I'm 4." I said, "That's okay, I still feel like I'm 23!")

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun birthday. So funny that she still feels 4:)!

Lisa Love said...

What a fun day! Lizzy has been sitting here with me for about 10 minutes making me click on every picture over and over so she could see them in a larger format. She just love Kendra and thinks that we need to do a "Girls' Night Out" together sometime.