Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Last Weekend

I know this is a little late, but I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge our fun weekend. My mom and stepdad Jim took Kyle, Ben and Kendra up to Phoenix early Saturday morning for a day of fun starting with Amazing Jake's and ending with Disney Princesses on Ice! The boys went last year to see the Incredibles and loved it! So they decided to include Kendra this year since it was princesses! She loved it. The boys thought that the dragon from Sleeping Beauty was cool, it blew fire on the ice. Anyway, they spent the night in a hotel (probably my kids' favorite part, lol)and made it home just in time for church. While my older kids were enjoying a day of many indulgences, Greg and I had a relaxing day at home with Mia, though she got bored without her siblings around. We did the normal Saturday chores (well, Greg got called into work which is normal I guess!) and in the afternoon we went down to Main St. to the Lettuce Days festival. We had a nice stroll by the many vendors, but were disappointed by the lack of kid activities that they've had in the past. We did purchase some fresh produce, then went home to make Kendra's birthday cake and get ready for an actual DATE. I felt the need to document that we had a BABYSITTER (the Larsons) and went to DINNER (In -N- Out Burger, I know I know, but we didn't have much time...) and a MOVIE!(National Treasure II) I can't remember the last time we've done that, just Greg and I. It was nice. Here are some pictures of the kids having a great time with Grandma & Papa.



Kendra's Heart cake

6 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Hi Angela, It was so nice to hear from you on my blog. I can't believe that you remember Sally! Your children are adorable and getting so old. Heres my email address so that we can have a proper conversation: sarahburgoyne1@gmail.com, email me and we can catch up.

Anonymous said...

Amazing Jake's is right by my house! How fun! Date nights are the best. Chad and I have been getting back into weekly date nights and I am loving it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like so much fun, what great grandparents your kiddos have. I want to take Kenzie next year to Princesses on ice.

Leah said...

I love the matchstick-candles!

Angela said...

Man, I knew someone was going to notice! Mom never has candles. We're so redneck! :)

Anonymous said...

Heeeyyy!!!
Now candles are one of those items that I forget when I'm at the store and besides we used all the candles up on Jim's birthday (50+)