Well, this weekend was very busy, and a lot of fun! On Friday evening our friends (and renters) the Larsons, had us over for dinner. It was great, and the kids had a blast playing in our "old" backyard and bedrooms. Being back made me a little sad and reminiscent (it was our first home after all) but sure made me appreciate all of the space we have now! On Saturday, after chores, I went to my young friend Tiffany's bridal shower. It was also fun and a great time to catch up with old friends (Alison! and the Nuttalls) Of course that evening was the Women's Conference. Always uplifting and encouraging. I love going to those. I always feel appreciated but gently prodded to do better. After the lovely meeting, a couple of girls from my old Laurel class decided to get together and have dinner, along with a few new faces from our ward. What followed was an evening of laughter, memories, and reacquaintance. I don't think I've laughed that hard for that long in a while! There's nothing like getting together with friends to reassure yourself that you're not alone in raising kids (and husbands!) It was great catching up with Renelle and Natalie, who I haven't seen in years! Also there were Edna and Ericka who are always fun. Joining us for the first (and hopefully not last) time were Kira and Tonya (plus Tonya's mom who was visiting from CA). This weekend was my 10 year HS reunion, but I decided not to pay $100 to see a bunch of people that I really didn't know all that well. My best friends from HS are ones that I still see on a pretty regular basis anyway. I guess I got a reunion anyhow! Too bad I didn't have my camera. Don't worry ladies, we'll be getting together again soon, and believe me, I'll have my camera in hand! Last night we had a youth fireside at our house (we estimated about 40 people were here) and we weren't even that crowded! My kids were so excited to have all those people over that they couldn't be persuaded to go to bed until everyone left! What a crazy weekend! Tonight I can relax and watch HEROES...yay for a new season! Next weekend...Washington...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
How fun! It was great seeing you and getting to catch up a little. Hope things are settled down a little after such a busy weekend. I love Monday nights after FHE and the kids are in bed adn I can just fall on the couch and watch Heroes, it is my favorite! Ok well have a great week!
Post a Comment