On Sunday, at my mom's house, we revisited an old family Halloween treat we called Pollyannas. (I think we had them 'cause they're cheap, definitely not because they're tasty!) They consist of Graham crackers, peanut butter, chocolate frosting, and candy corn. (shudder!) I dislike candy corn, but made one and ate it anyway. My palate has expanded quite a bit since childhood! The kids had a good time though so I suffered through it. Halloween was pretty fun this year. We went on the cheap and reused or borrowed our costumes, except for some accessories. Kyle wanted to be a vampire again this year, Ben was Harry Potter. Kendra was a pink Princess, and Mia was my sweet little Pumpkin once more. (Everything fit better this year except the jumper which was a little short.) We dressed up after school, and visited Greg at work, then headed over to the church for our Trunk or Treat. If you notice there are no group pictures of my kids, it's because Mia completely freaked out when she saw Kyle. I mean hysterics. More than once. Poor baby. After a dinner of hot dogs, chili, and homemade root beer, we got loads of candy. Mia was wary at first, but once she realized people were giving her candy, she was all over it. When her bag started getting heavy, I tried to hold it for her, but she yanked it back and said "Mine!" That funny girl carried it all around the parking lot by herself. The boys ran off with their friends, I walked around with the girls, and Greg passed out candy. After that we stopped at a few more friends houses, then home to showers and pillows! Hopefully no sugar hangovers in the morning!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Boo to You!
Posted by Angela at 10:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Your kids all look great!! Sounds like lots of fun.
Fun! Your kids look so cute! I laughed when I read that Mia freaked out at the vampire- Grace would have, too!
I definitely remember loving Pollyannas. But, we never put candy corn on them....not that that alone would make them worthy of greatness. It's been awhile, but how can you not love chocolate, pb and gram crackers? You're kids are adorable as always.
I don't mind the chocolate/pb combo, it's the candy corn that I hate! I guess next time I could forgo those!
I think I know why you call them Pollyanna's, didn't she always try to make the best out of something horrible? Sounds like what you did- They're all great separate, but together- I don't know! Your kids are so cute and they look like they had a lot of fun. Sweet Mia- That's so sad that she was scared of her brother! I tried to be a zombie, but I scared Tate too much and had to change. They are so sensitive- sweet things.
Post a Comment