Thursday, October 18, 2007

Our big trip

Well, we made it home from Washington in one piece, thanks to my mom coming with me to help with the kids. Greg had to work (as usual) so he couldn't join us. My Dad was getting remarried and wanted all of his kids to be there in a reunion of sorts. We've only all been together once before, and that was 14 years ago! (My brother grew up in CA, my sisters in Idaho.) Our plane ride was good, the kids were so excited! The girls sat with me, and the boys with my mom. They had plenty of toys and snacks. We got to Spokane pretty late, then we had to drive to Clarkston (2 hours) and the kids fell right to sleep in the car. The next morning, my Grandpa showed the kids his yard and cracked black walnuts from his tree. The kids were amazed by the squirrels! The wedding was that afternoon, and was really nice. I had to get used to being called Nikki again, that was my childhood nickname. The next day we just hung out together and went out to dinner at a great pizza place. Monday we walked to a fun little park down the street and played for a while, and did some more visiting. Tuesday was my turn to make dinner, so I did Mexican of course! I made cucumber salsa with chips, chicken quesedillas, and fish tacos with mango salsa. Very good, lots of chopping though! Uncle Gary and Aunt Tracy ate with us. The kids loved playing outside, the weather was beautiful for us, in the high 70's and mid 80's! Wednesday morning we had a sad goodbye with Grandpa, and my Dad drove us back up to Spokane. On the way home our connecting flight was cancelled, but we got on an earlier flight, though our luggage didn't...we had to wait a while in San Diego for our bags, but all in all it was a fun and worthwhile trip. I miss everyone already!

3 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

Wow looks like that was a big trip! I can hardly handle two on an airplane, in a different city, etc. - not sure how you did it so well with 4!! I bet it was nice to have your mom there to help. I loved watching the video with the music and all - you did a great job!! Sure looks fun!

The McEwen Family said...

Angela what a cute little slide show you had. Lots of cute pictures! Your kids are just so cute! I can't believe you took all of them on the airplane you are very brave! Having both mine on the airplane from here to Yuma about made me crazy then again it was a 6 hour flight! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Wow that music with that slide show for some reason gave me goosebumps, I can't believe Roy is married with a baby. I have a picture of him from our grad night and he was so young. Ok well I am glad you had a great time, it looks like a lot of fun! Love ya