Monday, October 22, 2007

FHE...Halloween style!

With the spooky holiday creeping ever closer, we decided to go ahead with the family traditions. After visiting a cute (but very overpriced) pumkin patch, we swung by Wal-mart for our $3 pumpkins, came home and started carving! Greg was on pumkin duty, while I handled the donut end of the kitchen. With me rolling and cutting, my mom cooking, and Jenna shaking sugar, it didn't take very long to do 3 batches. One was plain, one chocolate, and one pudding filled dipped in chocolate that I saw on the internet. SO yummy! We got the kids to bed a little late, but we had a fun time carving and eating and drinking warm apple cider with dissolved red hots in it! Yum! I love family traditions!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Halloween is so fun! So what is everyone going to be for Halloween? We carved our pumpkin over the weekend, knowing it would never make it to Halloween so we get to carve another one!

bridgette said...

ooohhh, you got really fancy with the filled chocolate dipped. You will have to send the recipe and maybe we will get fancy too.