Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Favorite Ornaments

My friend Sarah blogged about her favorite Christmas ornaments and I thought it was a cute idea. Growing up Greg would get a new ornament every year and he took them when we got married. I wish we'd had that tradition, though I do still have my stocking! Anyway, we've done the ornament thing with our kids, and they love pulling them out and remembering their significance. Here are my personal faves.
I love these little jingle bell snowmen. They're so cute!

We got these dough ones our second year of marriage. Greg picked it out for me. Guess I was still angelic in those days...lol.

We got this December of '01 to always remember 9/11

During one of our 'leaner' years we made pipe cleaner ornaments. I did this one and was very proud. Still am, obviously.

I know this one is getting decrepit, but how adorable is Greg? I love it!!

And, lastly, this one was from my mom and Jim because they know how much I love the musical "Wicked". That's Galinda with a Ga.

4 comments:

Linsey F said...

Galinda with a Ga! Love it...Wicked is going to be at Gammage July 1-26. I want to go see it again SO BAD!!! I also love your pipe cleaner santa. Very impressive!

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Fun! I'm gald you participated :) I love the old homemade ornaments. Its amazing how much your boys look like Greg :)

Gigi Potestio said...

My family has the same tradition as Greg's. Only when we move out, my parents keep the ornament from our first Christmas. Love the new side column pics by the way. You have a beautiful family.

Leah said...

Good job on the pipe-cleaner Santa. But then, I always knew you were good with pipe cleaners. Remember that black cat that you made for me? which I kept for a really long time?