Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Eve Traditions

Usually every Christmas Eve we eat Stouffer's lasagna. I don't know why, it's Greg's family's tradition. This year we had to break tradition or eat pasta two nights in a row since my mom had already ordered food from Olive Garden. So we hosted a yummy pork loin dinner instead. The rest of the night went as usual - after dinner the nativity scene was acted out while reading the account in the scriptures. This was the first year we've had so few participants. No wise men even!
Sweet Mary

Kyle and Mia

Angel Kendra

Ben the Shepherd

Greg narrating while the kids pay close attention.

Next we bundled up and crowded into the back of Greg's truck to drive around and see Christmas lights.

When we got home we warmed up with hot chocolate and listened to Greg read The Night Before Christmas before setting out our milk and cookies and hopping to bed. One new thing we did this year was tracking Santa online. We could watch his progress around the world and once he hit Florida and the kids saw it only took a few minutes for him to complete the whole Eastern Seaboard, Ben was especially excited and concerned that we wouldn't go to sleep on time. Fortunately Santa didn't skip us, everyone was snoozing by the time he reached Arizona. Even Greg. I had to wake him up for some last minute wrapping!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds very exciting. I love Ben's shepard staff (vaccume) and I love the pict of Mia and Kyle where she is holding the baby. Does Kyle still believe or has he discovered the dreaded secret?

Angela said...

nope. he's still a believer! I'm so glad. He loved the tracking thing too, Ben was just the funniest about it!

Tina said...

We had more grown up shepherds and wisemen than ever, because we weren't with enough of the kid cousins.

Funny about having to wake Greg. I had to wake someone up too, at 1:00 am, to remind him that there was still plenty to do.