Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Adventures in Jetskiing



Since yesterday was a holiday, some of the young men in our ward wanted to do an activity. They decided on going to the wash and jet skiing. Greg took the kids with him because I had to go to rehearsal before he'd be back, but it worked out since only one boy showed up! (It was very windy and a little chilly in their defense - Greg just called them wimps.) The kids had a great time riding the waves with Greg, Bishop Thompson, Rick and Nick Callahan. They played on the rocks, had races, and got soaked. Kyle's favorite part was when Greg let him steer all by himself, Ben liked seeing some coyote while jet skiing. Kendra (who was confused and asked if the Bishop was 'her uncle or something') enjoyed laying on a rock eating chips and cookies. Here's what Mia had to say about it. "It was a ride. I put my towel on. It was cold. It was slow and then faster faster! I like to go swim, I do that one time. It was nighttime. I wanna do that again." To top it all off, on the way home Greg hit a coyote with the van. He got almost home before the bishop noticed that he had a hood ornament. Yeah, it was stuck in our bumper. EW! Greg hit it at about 50 mph and it was wedged pretty tight, it took the two men to pull it out (after a couple of attempts to dislodge it with a stick)! All in all an exciting trip.

The bumper, post-coyote

6 comments:

Linsey F said...

Good thing the damage was minimal and no one got hurt! I bet you were glad you didn't have to pull it off!

Megan and Sean said...

AHH, that's so wierd you had to pull it off your bumper!!! Good thing he didn't hit a moose!!

Carrie said...

Y U C K ! What a crazy end to your trip.

Angela said...

Yeah, moose are pretty hard to come by around here. :) The most dangerous thing to hit would probably be a burro (wild donkey) and we've seen them, but have been lucky enough to not hit any!

Anonymous said...

That is a crazy looking crack! I can only imagine the lovely coyote that was mangled into the bumper. YUCK!!

Jme said...

EWWWWWWWWWWW! Thank goodness the guys got to pry it off and not you! I don't think I could have convinced myself to touch it at all if I were in the same situation.