Monday, November 26, 2007

Tur - what?

Thanksgiving was nice and laid back this year. No traveling or stressing about the big dinner, we had a liesurely morning while I finished up some pies (I made a total of 6) and Greg made his Grandma Barrus' delicious rolls. After trimming our tree, we went to my mom's house and hung out for a while until dinner was done. Jim decided to forgo the traditional Turkey this year for a Turduckin. This consists of a turkey stuffed with duck and chicken, and some cornbread stuffing for good measure. Interesting I know, but very tasty, and it made the best flavored gravy I've ever had! After eating way too much, we took a walk to the park and played until it started getting dark, then we went back for pies! There were: Banana Cream, Pumpkin Mousse, Pear/Cranberry, Apple/butterscotch/pecan, Peanut Butter, and my favorite, Chocolate Pecan. Plus my mom had made a pumpkin cheesecake and chocolate mousse. Delicious! Jenna, my cute little sister, has finally joined the Twilight bandwagon. I've been bugging her to read them since last year when I did, and I got her the first book for her birthday this month. Well, she was holed up in her room for the whole weekend. But she finished all three and can't wait for more. I had to say "I told you so!" Anyway, after perusing the adds all evening, I had my game plan all mapped out for Friday morning. Yes I am one of those crazy people who get up at an ungodly hour just to save a few bucks on Black Friday! So, at 3:21 Greg and I headed out with my brother Jonathan, and we got everything on my list. Yay! So now I'm done with everyone's presents, all but Greg and our parents. Michael (my little brother) stayed over at my house to watch the kids, but we were done by 6:30 before anyone was even awake. Of course, it was nice to have him there when they did get up, 'cause I was napping! Hope everyone's holiday was great!

2 comments:

Jeff and Ang said...

sounds like a great thanksgiving! I saw one of those turkey duck chicken things in the store today and thought it was quite interesting (; Glad I know it's good, we may have to try it sometime! Me and my mom were crazy enough to be out shopping by 3;30 too...but I still didn't get everything I hoped too so good job to you!! Hope you have a great holiday season (:

Anonymous said...

Wow, You go girl. I haven't gone out early like that since I was in H.S. I don't have teh energy for that anymore. Your Thanksgiving sounds like it was fun! I am hungry now after reading your posts.