Monday, February 23, 2009

Auditions

Desert Pointe Productions is doing another show, (you may remember I was involved with Beauty and the Beast). This one is called:



I was really nervous about trying out for this one for a few reasons.
1) I didn't audition for the last show, so I wasn't sure how it would go.
2) The cast is fairly small.
and
3) I know that there is huge talent in this town.

So I prepared my Broadway song (For Good from Wicked - thanks to my girls who helped me practice!) and watched the movie again for a refresher. I auditioned for the part of Little Red Riding Hood because she is stinking hilarious. Plus, no kissing! Well, auditions came and went fairly well. I had fun. I was optimistic. And I was called back! For Rapunzel. "That's okay" I thought. It's still a part! So I thought happy thoughts and returned to learn parts of songs and read through lines with other possible actors. I was asked to read for not only Rapunzel, but Little Red and one of Cinderella's Wicked Step-Sisters. Again, lots of fun! Imagine my surprise when I got a call later that day asking me if I'd like to play the part of.............wait for it..........







Of course I said YES! Rehearsals have started and I can tell it's going to be lots of fun! The show will be performed June 25th - 27th, so come if you can!!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Congratulations! That sounds like lots of FUN :)

bridgette said...

yeah, congratulations. I wish I could see you, I am sure it will be amazing.

Carrie said...

woo-hoo! Good for you! You'll be great.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Sounds like fun!