Tuesday, February 10, 2009

11 Blissful Years...

well, you know. Mostly. So Greg and I had our wedding anniversary on Feb. 7th and we had our day all planned out. We had the kids shipped off to a friend's house for the day and we were going to drive to San Diego, do a temple session, and have a nice dinner before returning home. John was going to accompany us and visit with Greg's sister Karissa while we were at the temple. Sounds good right? Well, not much went according to plan. We started off late, on the way we blew a fuse that controlled the dashboard instruments (speedometer, gas gauge, blinkers & brake light!) and made it safely to a mechanic in San Diego. (I was very nervous sans brake lights in CA!) After fighting boredom by watching it hail outside, we finally were off to the temple. Only to find it closed for cleaning. Oops. We forgot to check and make sure it was open. I guess we just assumed it would be since it was our actual wedding day, and it was open 11 years ago! So, we met up with Karissa and spent too much time wandering around at the mall, window shopping. I did get a sweet pair of boots because my feet were killing from my high heels. After saying goodbye to Karissa, she called us because someone hit her car! She wasn't hurt, the car only marked, so that was good, but just added to our crazy day. We did eat at a Brazilian place, the most meat I've ever had in my life! Really good food, extremely filling. We drove home that night, without incident thank goodness. Thanks for the good times hon!



5 comments:

Lisa Love said...

What a great story. Sorry your day turned out yucky but I'm so glad you were able to find some joy in your day. With your luck, it's a good thing you didn't plan a trip!:) You are a wonderful couple and I'm so grateful to know both of you.

Carrie said...

whoa, what a trip.
Happy Aniversary!

Gigi Potestio said...

This will always be one anniversary you remember. Eleven years! WOW!! Keep it up guys 'cause you're doing it right! Congrats!

Tina said...

Happy (late) Anniversary!

You'll never forget your 11 year celebration, will you?

Rebecca said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I love the pics, ecspecially the one in front of the temple. You guys look so cute!