Thursday, February 14, 2008

Vegas Baby!


So..One week ago marked our 10th Wedding anniversary, crazy I know. Greg suprised me with a trip to Las Vegas to see the Phantom of the Opera,
one of my all time favorite movies/ soundtracks. I'd never seen it performed on stage and they have a wonderful theater in the Venetian Hotel that was built just for that production. I just have to say that it was awesome. We actually went up on Monday the 4th in a rental car, and checked into the Venetian
before walking all the way down the strip to the Coke store
and the M&M store. We saw the lions at MGM Grand and ate dinner at New York, New York. It was nice just to wander around and window shop at the Miracle Mile Shopping center. By ten or eleven when we were walking back to our hotel we were frozen. It was really windy and we had forgotten to bring our jackets. (I know, us crazy Arizonans!) We got some hot chocolate and jogged back! The next day we did a bunch of touristy things. We saw a magic/comedy show by Nathan Burton,
walked the strip again, and went on the roller coaster at NY, NY.
We even rode in a limo!
Our hotel was so beautiful,

it was fun just to walk around and see the expensive shops and the people riding gondolas.
Every once in a while a couple of Italian guys in costume would walk by serenading everyone. That evening we saw Phantom,
followed by a delicious dinner at Wolfgang Puck's Postrio.
On Wednesday we went to an awesome wax museum

as well as Sigfried and Roy's Secret Garden where they keep their white tigers and other big cats.
They also have some dolphins. After eating lunch, we drove home to our waiting kids. Thanks to my mom and Jim for taking them for us so we could have a great little getaway!

6 comments:

bridgette said...

Wow- I want to come next time! I am so glad you guys got to have such a fun getaway. Happy 10 years of married bliss.

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Congratulations on 10 years! I miss living close to Vegas, Will served is mission there and we used to go all the time when we lived in Utah. I can't wait to go back, it will probably be a while but at least we won't be poor students anymore. Maybe we can have some real fun instead of just going to see the things that are free :)

Anonymous said...

A getaway without kids is always great! Sounds like yours was no exception. Congrats on the big anniversary!

Leah said...

Fun! Sounds like you guys had a great time. Thanks for sharing the cool pics.

Sabra said...

We love the Venetian. It's the only place we stay anymore. Good for you guys! I loved the Phantom there, as well. Congrats on 10 years! Time sure flies in some cases doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks like the most amazing trip ever!!!!!!!!! I want to go away with Jeremy for our anniversary this year, we need some alone time!! Are the Phantom tickets pretty pricey, or did you get a decent deal, I would love to go see a play! Oh and I love your wedding pict, it is so funny, you both lok so incredibly young!!!!!!!