Sunday, February 24, 2008

High Flying Saturday

Saturday we spent some fun filled hours at the Marine Corps Air Show. Greg wasn't on call, so he took our family out to the base for the annual event. The boys especially had fun climbing in the jets and helicopters. We watched lots of planes showing off their awesome maneuvers in the sky. The Golden Knights parachuted down, there was a rescue helicopter demonstration and there were jet dragsters zooming by. Kyle and Ben got a little flying lesson and Kyle has decided he wants to be a pilot when he grows up! It was a beautiful day and it was fun until the kids started getting hungry. We decided to try out the new Red Lobster and had a great dinner. I sure do appreciate the military and all they do for us and our country!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Hello! I am glad you "stopped by" our blog. I am suprised by how many people have blogs. I didn't know what I was missing out on. :) No real plans on moving yet, but it is something that will probably happen eventually.
Cute pictures and fun blog!

Leah said...

Aww, I miss going to the air show. Although, I'm sure they have them here since we have an AFB. Fun day! (and nice that Greg was able to be with y'all.)

Jeff and Ang said...

Looks like you had a fun family day. Air shows are alot of fun. My kids were always a little scared of the loud planes, but it's such a blast to do all the activities. And Red lobster is a great way to end any day!

The McEwen Family said...

oooh the airshow one thing i miss about Yuma. Looks like you guys had fun. And Yeah you changed your page it looks great!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there, looks like you had a fun weekend too. Did you see Shelly and Jared and everyone there? I love Mia's red shirt she is wearing. So we are coming down on Friday night. I hear there is going to be a Mommy's night this week??? I was so excited when Shelly was saying I should come. Can you give me any details? She wasn't sure of the details or anything, so fill me in. I can't wait to see you guys, you are going aren't ya? oK well, LMK

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Sounds like fun, I grew up near an AFB but they always had their show in August. It was always so hot and humid. February makes so much more sense. Also, I really like your new background/template.