Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Campers

Greg took the boys out camping Friday night, since he's gone twice with the Young Men since January! They had to wait until he came home from work, so they got a late start (around 7:30). Kyle and Ben were so excited. They didn't go too far, just to a wash in the desert. After setting up a campfire, Greg put up the tent. The boys made smores and were cold enough to want to go to bed. After some stories, they were out! Kyle did tell me that they could hear lots of ATVs riding around, and was excited that he could point out the big dipper. Ben's favorite part was the hot chocolate! While the boys were out, Jenna came over and we girls had a Psych marathon. I borrowed the first season from my friend Brie, and since Jenna hadn't seen any episodes I played my favorites. It was fun! We ate junk food and painted Kendra and Mia's toenails. At around 1:00 Jenna went home and I went to bed to read until I fell asleep. Right now I'm over halfway through a large book of seven of Jane Austin's novels. I was suprised that I've never read them before as I love the movies that have been made from the books and own at least three. So far I've read Sense & Sensability, Pride & Predjudice, and Mansfield Park. Now I'm on Emma. They're fun to read, if a little longwinded. Anyway, Saturday afternoon we went to a fun pirate birthday party for one of Greg's coworker's sons. It was a fun time for everyone. Sorry no pictures this time! Just some journaling of our weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun, I love when Jeremy and Skyler do the fun camping/fishing/boys things. Kenz and I have fun window shopping and doing girly things together while they are out. WHat is Psych?

Angela said...

Ah! Psych is a hilarious TV show! It's on USA. I personally don't have cable, so I've watched most episodes on usanetwork.com You'll have to check it out!