Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fair 2009!

Our family attended the fair on Demolition Derby night, which has become our tradition. Before the Derby we meandered through the kids section of the fair and let the kids ride a few rides (I was stingy on tickets since my two books of pre-bought ones were in my stolen purse! Curses!) After enjoying yummy Indian Fry Bread for dinner, we watched cars smash into each other - the boys loved it. Mia, not so much! She had her ears covered most of the time. We walked around and visited the livestock (Greg ended up buying us a pig! Now all we need is a big freezer...) and I convinced the boys to try the Gravitron - their first "big kid" ride. They had a blast! Kendra loved the big swings and they all rode the huge slides. After the hypnotist show the kids were bushed and Greg took them home so I could hang out with my sisters. I found out that my crazy-fast-upside-down-spinning ride limit is 3. I must be getting old! We had a fun time eating kettle corn and visiting - thanks girls!
Mia was jolted a bit when it started, but still had fun.

So glad I got Ben's face! He was holding on for dear life the whole time, then the controller tricked them into putting up their hands, saying it was the end of the ride, and swung them up again. Hahaha!

This little piggy went to market..

Bringing out our inner red-neck.

Kendra waved every time she went by, and blew kisses too, the sweetie!

4 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I LOVED the gravitron! I tried to explain it to Madelynne the other day but she didn't understand. It was always the best when the guy in charge didn't care if you hung upside down.

Gigi Potestio said...

I remember going to the fair with you guys when I was pregnant with Samuel! We all watched the hypnotist show then also. Were you able to eat any cinnamon rolls? That was one of my fondest memories of Yuma. How fun!!

The McEwen Family said...

How fun I miss the fair so much I hope our fair here is just as fun!

Leah said...

Your purse got stolen?!?

I loved the Gravitron when we were kids, but I went on one recently and HATED it! I must be getting old too (still a big fan of scary roller coasters, though!)!

Is that a pic of the pig you bought? :)

Love all the fair pics.