Thursday, April 9, 2009

Kendra gets Stitches

I had always assumed that one of my boys would be the first to get stitches, but it was my sweet little Kendra. At preschool she and her friends were dancing around and she was run into and hit the coffee table with her lip. Her teeth went right through. In true Kendra fashion, after the initial crying, she started chatting away and had to be asked to stop talking and hold the paper towel to her lip! My friend called with the news and I ran her to Urgent Care. In the waiting room she got a drink of water and a drop seeped out - I was trying not to laugh and be grossed out at the same time! The doctor said it was too close to her lip to glue shut and they wrapped her up like a burrito (at which point she started freaking out and pleading to be let out) it was pretty hard to watch. After one long shriek when the anesthetic shot was given, she was brave and held really still. Well, the Doctor did have to ask her to stop talking while he stitched! Silly girl. Here are the damages:
Inside - no stitches here, it will heal itself

Outside - two little stitches (Greg removed them a week later, it's nice to have a nurse around the house- we saved on another copay!)

7 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

It would be nice to have a medical proffesional in the family rather then a husband who things he is a medical proffesional. Several years ago he cuts is knee wide open and needed stiches. He made the return appointment and then canceled it and pulled them all out himself. I was grossed out and impressed at the same time :)

Gigi Potestio said...

Oh...Poor Kendra! What a sweet little girl you have. That is too funny that she had to be asked to stop talking. =)

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!! I can't believe water leaked through it! And such a girl that she had to be asked to stop talking to get stitched:)!

Carrie said...

Poor girl. It sounds like she was very brave though, and you too. (: I don't know how brave I will be when it eventually happens.

Leah said...

Kara loves looking at your blog. She just scrolls down, looking at all the pictures and asking me questions. (And she loves pictures like these! I swear there's either something wrong with her, or she'll be a doctor when she grows up.)

Megan and Sean said...

What great photo's of the kids, they all came out great!

patricia said...

Oh. sorry, Kendra. Here is a happy face for you :D Love, Aunt Pat