Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cousin Reunion!



One of my best friends growing up was my cousin Bridgette. I grew up near my Aunt and Uncle and fit in age between two cousins. I can't even recall how many times we'd beg our moms after church to let us have a sleepover. They had an amazing house with a pool and awesome camp on a pond. Best of all, they were loving and welcoming. Some of my happiest memories were made with that wonderful family. I've missed them so much since we've moved to Yuma and have been favored with a couple of visits over the years. A chance came up to see Bridgette and her own little family this month, and I was ecstatic! The boys were on spring break, so Greg took a day off of work and we drove to San Diego where they were vacationing. Our kids met each other for the first time, and we spent the entire day at the Zoo. As a special bonus, Shannon, another cousin who happens to live in San Diego, met us at the zoo as well. It was a wonderful day. The weather was beautiful, the company entertaining. I couldn't ask for a better time. We finished it off with dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. We sat around talking and were really dragging our feet to leave. I think Greg realized how much I missed them and he promised that we could fly out to Maine next summer for our family vacation. :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed!



Sweet little Ginny

Nora and Kendra

Kyle and Benjamin

Cute family shot



Kids having fun

My favorite picture! Mia, Nora & Kendra



Th family and an Elephant

Reunited! Bridgette, Me, Shannon

3 comments:

Leah said...

Oh, I wish I could've been there... so fun! I love that one, too, of the 3 little girls; they're all so cute!

bridgette said...

What a nice post! I had such a great time with your family. And if us flying out there enticed you to come visit us here then that in itself was well worth the trip. We hope you can make it out here next year. We would LOVE to spend more time with you.

Megan and Sean said...

That's so fun! Love the first picture!