Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Mystery

The scene of the "accident": Our front entryway
The time: Saturday morning, 7:30 am
Mom and Dad's whereabouts: still in bed, enjoying the one day they can sleep in.
Kendra and Mia: also still sleeping.
Benjamin: in the kitchen, cooking scrambled eggs on the gas stove.
Kyle: making and flying paper airplanes.
This is where the mystery begins. How did a paper airplane become engulfed in flames? We'll never know. When asked for a statement Kyle was unsure how the airplane started on fire, but thought that he should take the flaming paper outside as to not burn the house down. Unfortunately it burned faster than he could get to the door so he dropped it on the carpet. He grabbed some water and dumped it over the smoldering mess. Kyle was made to scrub the melted carpet fibers, just for good measure.

{I need an area rug or something...sigh}

4 comments:

Linsey F said...

Uh....where exactly is this located in your house! Do all boys do stuff like light things on fire? I better stick to just girls!

Angela said...

By the front door...1 foot from the tile in fact. You really haven't noticed it? lol...it DOES look like a really dirty spot. I hope they learned their lesson and we don't have another fire incident! (Girls just get nail polish on the carpet...)

Leah said...

You could just.. uh... cut off the burnt part?

Angela said...

I could if I had the same shade of carpet to replace it with. Which I don't. :P